Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Bemis vs Centoco - elevated toilet seat for aptartment

Old 12-23-14, 07:45 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

I'm thinking of spending about $110 for a toilet seat with added height for a relative. I researched the consumer grade elevated seats but after reading reviews I crossed them off my list. Then I found two seats that are marketed for public toilet use - the Centoco HL440 and the Bemis 2L2050T. Anyone have experience with either brand?

Old 12-23-14, 11:39 PM
B
I made up my mind...I ordered the Centoco from a local home center. It's super stable and should be easy to clean, unlike the residential ones I was considering.

Old 12-24-14, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Dunno why I didn't see this post yesterday...but Bemis is probably the biggest maker of seats. Never heard of the other, but if it works for you, let us know.

Old 12-24-14, 10:33 AM
B
The Bemis had an open front seat so it looked more commercial, though raised toilets don't look normal anyway so it wasn't that big a deal. I'm glad it's coming from a local store so I can save $10 shipping if I have to return it. I just hope it's not loaded with tons of antibacterial stuff or something stinky that could make you sick if it's in an apartment.

Old 12-30-14, 06:51 PM
B
Looks like it works well. The "stainless steel hinge" is more than slightly magnetic so there's no evidence that it's stainless but I guess it is. It's uncomfortable compared to my old, thin plastic seat which flexed a little to fit my butt. The risers could trap dirt. It uses rectangular rubber gaskets at the top of the mount which I'd probably have trouble replacing if I ever wanted to. But it's good enough to keep given the reviews I read of the competition.

Attached Images  
Old 12-31-14, 02:06 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The open-front seat is helpful for the obese people, makes after-wiping easier.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: