Basement Bathroom Layout

Old 01-21-15, 10:00 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement Bathroom Layout

I am putting in a basement bathroom and it is a pretty tight space. About 52x62, but the entrance door is angled, which takes away some space.

Im not sure of the best way to lay it out (just a sink and toilet) but think I have two choices. Which of the two do you like better? The drawing is pretty accurate to scale.

The yellow outline is the bathroom. The blue outline is a closet that is not accessible from the bathroom. In the future, I might take away that wall between the two of them and make that closet a shower. By "might" I mean "highly doubtful"... but you never know.

Toilet dimensions: 31" front to back. 22" left to right.
Pedestal sink dimensions: 16" x 16"

I know the toilet is long. I figured for an elongated, which I prefer to round.

I figure the pedestal takes away the least space, but could go with a corner pedestal in option 1.

The thing that concerns me with option 2, is that if the shower does go in, it is tight getting in as the sink protrudes too much.

The problem with option 1 is that the sink is rather close to the toilet.

Any thoughts?

Name:  basement_bath_layout.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  34.9 KB

Old 01-21-15, 10:22 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
It seems like # 1 would leave you cramped when trying to use the sink.

Old 01-21-15, 11:01 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had settled on #2 a few weeks ago and just last night it suddenly seemed that the sink was right there when you open the door. It doesnt seem it in the pic, but feels it when I measure.

It also seemed that, if there is a shower in the future, the sink is in way of getting in and out. The shower would be 36" in length and the sink 16, which only leaves 20" of an entry to the shower.

I guess with a small bathroom, it will be cramped in some way no matter what.

Maybe I need to actually buy the fixtures and see how they feel for real.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: