Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Corner Fiberglass Shower Pan- Can I "Build it up" to make it level with floor?

Old 01-31-15, 04:31 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 10123
Size:  39.0 KB

I am installing a new fiberglass corner shower in my basement. The old shower was set below the studs on top up the concrete floor. When I tore up my old fiberglass shower base I discovered the previous owner had "built it up" by using some pressed boards- they were disgusting and disintegrated on touch. I need to "build up the shower base to match the old drain height and so that the shower will be even with the rest of the new tiled floor. Does anyone have suggestions of how I can build the shower base up and what materials I should use to do it? (I probably need to build it up about 12 inches to match the floor.)

Thanks!

Old 02-01-15, 06:42 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I almost think that a "step down" shower would be beneficial in this scenario. Can you upload a picture from further back to show us more of the bathroom? Also include a link to the shower base you were considering using. Lastly, are those pressure treated sleepers? If not, they all need to be replaced. Regular lumber should not be touching cement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: