Help with this small bathroom

Old 02-07-15, 06:42 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with this small bathroom

Laminate floor now, was going to do tile floor, a small vanity or pedestal. The real question I have is what to do with the shower. I had the wall with the plumbing in it, look ugly. Any ideas was going pretty cheap 1k as don't plan on being here forever.
The shower is an insert and we need to keep the tub/shower combo
Any ideas what to do with the shower tub combo cheap and that wall?
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  21.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  18.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  23.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  17.6 KB

Old 02-07-15, 08:08 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 722 Upvotes on 633 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question the wall has to be there to both house the plumbing and support the tub surround.

Old 02-07-15, 08:35 AM
P
The wall doesn't support the house, just shower and plumbing. Just is ugly in my opinion. Had a hard time finding similar designs.

Old 02-07-15, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 341 Upvotes on 272 Posts
First of all, I'd paint all the walls, which alone will do wonders. I'd use a warm, natural kind of color to make the room feel more cozy.
Since you're putting in a new vanity (I'd use that over a pedestal), also hope you're adding a new medicine cabinet or mirror and a new light fixture, too. Then a new shower curtain along with a nice shade on the window (fabric or woven wood).
You could also hang some nice pics on the side of the wall facing the sink.

Old 02-07-15, 09:40 AM
P
No simple solution to the wall? My only thought was a stand alone tub with a shower extension. Thought that might hurt resale though.
Yeah vanity, lights will all be replaced and walls painted. Was going to do a larger window but don't really think worth it but it would help with light. That's a very small window

Old 02-07-15, 09:57 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 722 Upvotes on 633 Posts
Had a hard time finding similar designs.
They are out there, I've painted a 100 or more bath rms set up similar to yours. Unless you were to do away with the shower, cut the wall in half and install a ledge - the wall has to stay. I agree that a pastel color will help a lot ... of course maybe I'm biased when it comes to paint

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: