Where do I look for new bathroom fixtures?

Old 03-05-15, 05:04 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Exclamation Where do I look for new bathroom fixtures?

OK - So I'm FINALLY getting really serious about gutting and redoing my master bath. I've looked at the box stores and I've looked online. What I need is a good catalog of shower/tub faucets and sink faucets that match. Seems that the plumbing people around here don't have a showroom kind of thing. Same thing with lighting fixtures for the bathroom and of course finding a tub!!!! My gosh!!
I've done the Pinterest thing too and now I'm just totally confused about picking any of it out. I prefer not to have a designer design my little bathroom but maybe that's where I'm supposed to get the help with the fixtures and stuff.

What do other people do when designing their bathroom redo?

Old 03-05-15, 05:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I found out that our local HD has a library of fixture and parts akin to those in old parts houses. Physical books with pictures that help you to see what you are picking out. May want to check it out. It would be in the area where they design cabinets, etc. most likely.

Old 03-05-15, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
You have 3 Ferguson showrooms within about 40 miles of your area. Pinellas Park, Tampa, and Sarasota (the furthest away). They often have designers on staff, even though you said you weren't interested in that, they can be a great help even just for the basics. Great company. If they don't have designers, I'll lay odds they can point you to a good person.

Old 03-05-15, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Most all of the big name manufacturers have collections, designed to all blend together. The collections can be viewed on their respective websites. Look at Moen, Delta, and Kohler.

Most all baths and Kitchens I see lately are either Oil Rubbed Bronze or Stainless/Brushed Nickel.

Old 03-06-15, 04:34 AM
M
Never heard of them - I'll check out the Pinellas Park one - it must be nearby -

Thanks!

Old 03-06-15, 04:41 AM
Received 649 Upvotes on 574 Posts
I'll recommend Fuacetdirect.com once you decide to buy.

Old 03-06-15, 04:46 AM
M
Post I want to see what I'm getting - hands on

Handyone - any idea why brushed nickel looks to have sort of a gold tinge? What I'd like is the color of brushed stainless. That silvery look without the shine. Is there such a thing?

I'd really like to see what I'm getting in person rather than just order from the dealer but I think I'll go to big box store or my local bookdealer and check out the magazines for bath designing and go from there. Maybe I can get some ideas. I don't want to spend $1500 on my shower hardware. I know it won't be cheap but I can't go crazy either.

Any suggestions on construction material for my soaker tub? I've always had a cast iron tub but I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks as always for all help. It is SO appreciated.

Old 03-06-15, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I like the brushed stainless steel. It's a little shiny, but more of a matte finish.
The stainless steel will hold up better over time and is rustproof. SS is more expensive, a typical kitchen faucet in stainless would be around $400.00, bath maybe less.

If you do check out the manufacturers websites, ignore the MSRP, the prices are inflated.

Old 03-06-15, 02:10 PM
M
If I ignore the MSRP how do I get an idea of what I will be paying and where would I go to get it if not on the mfg website? my plumber? I plan to have the plumbing done by a professional. We are on a septic tank and I don't want any chances of hosing it up. Besides, maybe my guy could get me a fix me up with a bigger drain pipe in there. House built in 1956 so I can only imagine what the pipes look like on that side of the house with all of the huge old oak trees on that side.

Old 03-20-15, 04:49 AM
M
I ended up choosing a Moen Darcy collection in brushed nickel. Smooth - sleek - beautiful. Thank you all for your comments.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: