Pipes and floor kitchen cab-under sink

Old 03-19-15, 03:57 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pipes and floor kitchen cab-under sink

Right now I have 3 hot water pipes,1 cold water pipe, 3 or 4 in sink drain, plus dishwasher drain under cab on the floor.These pipes run out of the wall (A) in corner of L (A-11ft X B-11ft)shaped kitchen and run about 4 ft to sink on b wall. I will be taking out old kitchen cab,removing softie, but will have some one install new cab and granite top. What I want to know is there room between wall and new cab to leave the pipes. Or would it be best to cut and install new pipes after the cab on the floor are installed. If the installer has to cut back out of cab,would it hold granite over time. Or cut and just reenforce the back of wall of new cabinets.
One other point is, wife wants one of the lazy sue-ens (?) in bottom corner cab. Could these pipes be in way?
Just trying to think of some problems before I start this job.

Old 03-19-15, 04:33 PM
J
Received 125 Likes on 110 Posts
Anyone else find that post totaly confusing?

Old 03-19-15, 04:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I read it three or four times, parsing all the words, and I think I understand it. You are removing the cabinets. Remove the plumbing and re route it inside the walls notching the studs as required and placing no-nail plates over the pipes. You can't cut the back of the cabinets and expect any stability. Still don't know what a "softie" is.

Bottom line, wifey wants lazy susans, you will re route the pipes as they will be in the way, unless strategically fastened to the cabinet back. Still don't understand why you have 3 hot water lines. Sink drains are 1 1/2", not 3 or 4". Dishwasher drain must loop to top of cabinet and be fastened there to prevent back flow into the dishwasher. Some locales require a valve at cabinet height.

If I misses anything, let us know.

Old 03-19-15, 06:30 PM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Anyone else find that post totaly confusing?
Totally. ljpeionlk-de[ggdf[obj

Old 03-19-15, 07:04 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm thinking stick built cabinets with the pipes between the floor and the cabinet bottom. They just ran the pipes on the floor and built the cabinets over them then covered them with the cabinet floor..

Old 03-20-15, 04:03 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK so I can not spell and not good at explaining what is there. I have attached 4 pictures to try and explain what is under cab. First I do have 3 hot water--1-is main hot water to kitchen,2-is hot water to dishwasher,3- Is part of thermal hot water pump. My kitchen is on second floor and it took hot water to get to the facuet about 5-6 minutes in morning (about 40 ft from hot water tank). So I ran a small copper tubing to bottom of hot water tank ,changed valve (bottom of tank) and put on/off valve.In summer I just about close and winter I just about open all the way. Now I get hot water in a minute or so.
My builder about 40 years ago never put any water pipes in out side wall. I really will not do that even now. Know to many people that have frozen pipes (NYC). If you look at pictures the hot and cold water pipes,cast iron drain come from the left.I all so have the cast iron part of T that goes down to kitchen on first floor. So the QUESTION is what or how should the new cab be put in.I have no problem with cutting the copper pipes,that is no problems. Will just crawl in side cab and run and connect (sweat) copper pipes.What would be the best approach is use with the cast iron pipes (really do not want to start cutting those) and the new cab.
The word was suppose to be SOFFIT not softie (can not spell). That is another problem in another thread.

Attached Images     

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: