Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Replacement for cracked decorative panel on tub skirt?

Replacement for cracked decorative panel on tub skirt?


Old 04-06-15, 06:18 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacement for cracked decorative panel on tub skirt?

Hi all,

I have a tub that is perfectly fine except for a cracked decorative panel on the tub skirt. I believe the skirt is this model from American Standard:
As you can see it has 2 small decorative rectangular plastic panels on the front. In my case one of them is cracked right down the middle (my cat decided to try and pry it loose one day - don't ask lol). I did try superglueing it but it is jagged and looks terrible. I'd like to just replace the cracked panel.

Is there any way to get just a replacement for a single panel, without buying/installing a whole new tub skirt? I'm fairly sure I could just rip the
cracked one off and use velcro or 3m tape etc. to hold the new panel in place... but I can't find anywhere that sells these panels, only the entire skirt assembly (which is almost $200).
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-15, 06:49 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,986
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

That might be what you want but it's only worth it if you get rid of the cat.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: