Shower door width - sliding

Old 04-11-15, 10:20 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shower door width - sliding

The width across my curb is 57 and three-quarter inches. I'm finding doors that are a little wider and about an inch shorter than that. Should I go with a wider door and cut off the end or a door that is close to an inch short and then install shims and fill in the gap with caulk or something of that nature?

I am looking at the Kohler levity frameless door. It measures 56.6 inches and another model that measures 59 inches.

Thanks!

Last edited by stev379; 04-11-15 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-11-15, 10:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You obviously can't cut the tempered glass. I would opt for the door assembly that allows you to modify its frame, or allow for an adjustment to use the doors, even though there may be more of an overlap in the middle. Better than allowing a gap.

Old 04-11-15, 12:58 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Most shower doors fit a "range" of opening sizes. Double check the unit specifications and get the one where your opening fits into the range specified. Sliders overlap to help seal, so larger is better. If you can not find one that fits in the Kohler line, look to other manufacturers or have a local glass shop custom make one to fit your opening.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: