Stains and how do I get rid of them?

Old 08-23-15, 09:53 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stains and how do I get rid of them?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  34.9 KB

Hi. IV hadn't realized this granite vanity top had not been sealed. I want to seal it, but don't want to do it over these stains right around the faucet handles. I'm guessing they are water marks, am I right? If not, what dool you think it is? How do I get rid off them? How long after getting rid of them should I seal?

Ps,
If I'm in the wrong forum, please let me know. Thx

Old 08-23-15, 11:19 PM
H
It is hard to say exactly what those marks are without having a personal look at them but I am guessing rust marks perhaps from steel wool. It could also just be dirt marks and the water on the counter top allowed the dirt to seep into the stone. I don't have granite counter tops but I have talked to various installers and I have seen advice on television that advises using a granite counter top cleaner and allowing it to stay on the stone for a while and then wiping it up after it has been sitting. Repeat if the stain is still there and then allow the counter to dry before sealing it.

Old 10-05-15, 05:03 PM
D
Stains at base of Faucet

It is difficult to see the stains in the picture but I would guess that it is something either from the water or the cleaning products you are using on the granite. White granite's are the most susceptible to staining and should always be sealed sometimes multiple times. Before sealing you should make sure the stain is removed and the counters are clean and dry. If a granite cleaner does not work to remove the stain you may need to purchase a poultice to draw the stain out of the pores of the granite. Then Dry and seal the counter top. I will attach a link to a sight that has a poultice and they also have excellent topical sealers if you do not have one. I hope this helps and you can enjoy the counters for yeas to come.

Best Wishes
Darren

Last edited by Shadeladie; 10-05-15 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Link removed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: