can a tub surround be glued over this wall?

Old 09-17-15, 02:15 PM
L
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
can a tub surround be glued over this wall?

this pic is from another thread on this forum. but for that fake blue tile wall, can I just use adhesive and put a standard shower surround over the wall. obviously id clean it as well as I could and rough up if that would be needed. once I finally do my shower stall I know I cannot take down that tub wall because it was a mess with a sledgehammer to take out all the shower stuff. and if I put tile in the stall then used a hammer to rip out the tub walls id worry about shower stall issues with new tile. and I have to finish the one thing before I start the other. heck should I maybe do the tub surround first? I have no other bathroom to shower though so would have to be done in a day.

however I don't know what to do about that excess wall you see coming out from the tub. I don't have that one foot of wall on the other side of the tub

I do not want to take out the tub and as far as the next owners not liking a blue tub, too bad. I may paint the upper walls blue to match if I can. unsure yet

and no I don't have that shower done yet. still thinking about ideas and how to do it but leaning towards trying tile myself.

Attached Images  
Old 09-21-15, 10:52 AM
L
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I visited the big box stores over the weekend. turns out home depot has a 5 piece tub surround for 200 bucks and it says trimmable. does anyone have any experience with cutting this type of thing? I cannot imagine making such a long cut very straight. the rear wall of the bathtub with the blue vinyl stuff on it is 57 3/4 and even if the stuff wasn't on that only adds about 1/2 inch so I definitely couldn't get a 60 inch wide standard thing anyway. fortunately the 28 inch side pieces are just about right so minimal work would have to be done there on the sides.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: