Deccent lighting in small bathroom?

Old 12-12-15, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deccent lighting in small bathroom?

I am doing a bathroom remodel - forced on me by a broken sewer pipe! All the flooring and sheetrock is out (had to bust through the concrete and the sheetrock had mold spots). I took the small window out too - will install an exhaust fan vented into the attic (right next to an exterior wall vent).

The bathroom floor space is about 5 foot by 4 foot, not counting the walk-in shower (I didn't touch the shower - it's all concrete overlaid with tile). As you walk in through the door, the exterior wall is to the left, the vanity with sink and mirror cabinet are straight ahead, and the toilet to the right. Then you hit the shower (like I said - only 5 feet).

We did have a wall mounted two-bulb fixture over the mirror. The old mirror cabinet was mounted into the wall, though, so the light shone down and lit up the mirror pretty good. The new cabinet is surface-mounted, so the 5-inch wide top will block all the light. That's not good.

I thought about using a ceiling plate with two swags coming off: one over the cabinet and one over the toilet. Is this okay in a bathroom (thinking about moisture)? (We hate the look of recessed cans!) I guess I could just use two globe fixtures in the ceiling, also - but the swags had a bit more appeal.

Thoughts?
Ed

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-15, 03:51 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What about an LED? You probably only need one. Home Depot has some nice fixtures.

Old 12-12-15, 03:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
will install an exhaust fan vented into the attic (right next to an exterior wall vent).
Must go all the way outside not just "next to".