Salmon color bathtub-

Old 12-20-15, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Salmon color bathtub-

I am putting in a white toilet and sink, but keeping my light colored salmon bathtub. Would like advice on what color to paint wall outside the tub area, what color floor tile to install and colors for towels and bath rugs.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-15, 08:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
I'm not a good color coordinator but I've seen light gray with the salmon and it looks pretty sharp. Otherwise using small white and black tiles looks good too. It's called the retro look... if you're into that.

Name:  BlackWhiteHexTileFloor1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  12.6 KB

Old 12-21-15, 02:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
The trends now adays seems to lean more toward neutral colors on the walls (whites or beiges). And Pete is correct, light grays are a complimentary color for pinks and salmons. Other options on the tub is to have a professional re-glazer come in a spray the tub to white so that you can start with a clean palette. Should run you in the neighborhood of $400 to get the tub re-glazed. Avoid the do it yourself glazing kits as they have a poor track record of longevity. On the floor 6x6 tiles up to 12x12 tiles will work nice, avoid the larger format tiles (18x18 or 12x24) as they usually are too big for a small space like a bathroom.