New Laminate Storage

Old 01-28-16, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Laminate Storage

I am doing new kitchen countertops using Wilsonart HD laminate. I have the laminate on order and it should be here a few days. When I pick it up I am expecting it to be rolled up. Between fabricating the new countertop underlayment (particleboard) and other commitments it will be a few weeks before I will be installing the laminate. How should I store the new laminate? Leave it rolled up or lay it flat.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-16, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It's best if you can lay it flat. It will be rolled into a big diameter roll, since laminate doesn't bend that well. It lays out pretty flat right away, but the longer you leave it rolled up the more set it will take. Not really a huge deal either way, but it's easier to get it aligned if it's nice and flat.

If it's cold when you get it, let it warm up before you uncoil it.

Old 01-28-16, 07:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 195 Votes on 181 Posts
If you don't have a spot where you can lay it and have it be completely supported, where it will not get dirty, dusty or damaged... leave it in the box until you will use it because that is the safest thing to do, and keep it at room temperature.

I have never ever noticed any problem from leaving laminate rolled up.

Old 01-28-16, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'd leave it rolled up. If you plan on using the full sheet, inspect it for damage without unrolling it, the damage is usually around the edges.
Be careful when you do cut the twine or shrink wrap securing the roll, the laminate has quite a spring to it.