Home design software recommendation?

Old 03-03-16, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Home design software recommendation?

Hello fellow forum members, not sure if this is a great place to ask this question but I will start here anyway. I will be planning a remodel of my house in about 3-4 months or so ( As long as my chemo is done ) and I'm searching for a decent home design software. I don't need anything crazy but I don't want to buy a piece of crap that won't work for me either. I'm really just looking for interior design and maybe a little exterior design, I don't need it to do landscaping or anything like that. As far as the exterior I might just add a small mud room and change the decks a bit. I would like to keep it to $100. max if at all possible. I was looking at this one http://home-design-software-review.t...te-review.html It was rated number one this year but I was hoping someone here maybe has some experience with it and can give me a real world review. I'm pretty good with software, I've been using Cad/Cam software for 10+ years so I can learn pretty quickly. Thank you for any help, very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-16, 05:41 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Since you're familiar with CAD software, you ought to at least look at Google Sketchup Make, the free version of Sketchup. It's a general purpose 3D modeling package, so it's more manual than some of the dedicated home design packages, but it's also much more flexible. When I have tried using some of the inexpensive home design packages I have quickly run into their limitations.

Old 03-04-16, 03:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Punch makes some user friendly home design software. May stretch your budget a tad, but in the scheme of things and the cost of building a house, it is a drop in the bucket.