Shower system recommendation

Old 03-24-16, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower system recommendation

Hi All! Planning to remodel my stand alone shower. Can someone recommend a good affordable( preferably under $350) shower system with a rainshower showerhead/handshower combo with good pressure. Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-16, 05:54 AM
Group Moderator
Received 200 Votes on 185 Posts
I find that to some extent you get what you pay for. $350 is getting cheap if you want an enclosure and fixtures. With cheaper enclosures I've seen a lot of problems with cracking especially around handles, shelves and nooks.

As for the pressure that depends on the water pressure in your house. And, since 1992 by law all showers may only flow a maximum of 2.5 gallons per minute with many newer Water Sense ones restricted to 2 gallons.

Old 03-25-16, 11:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
By the nature of the product a "Rain Head" will deliver just that, a soft gentle steady flow. If you are looking for pressure, a rain head is not the way to go.

The big guys all use the same universal rough in and the offer different trim kits to go with them. They are all about the same skill level to put in so go with what you like. I will say that delta rough in's have a restrictor plate in the shower port that you can knock out if you have good pressure in your house. It changes the flow from 3/8" line to he full 1/2". I've knocked it out on a couple multi head shower installs where you can run several heads at once.

I would also check to see the flow rates on the different ports as the tub port will offer a better flow than the shower in some cases.