Is this free toilet good?

Old 04-23-01, 04:16 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power is giving away free water saving toilets. We have to pay for installation.

The office near me is giving a Legend Ecostar. I can't find a company called Legend on the Internet. Is this a good toilet?

If I drive farther to pick up the toilet, they're giving away a Niagara N2210. Is this worth the drive?

It would be hard to do much worse than the toilet I have now--a Kohler, which I think is a good brand but doesn't always flush. Still, I'd hate to end up with something that isn't at least a little better.

Old 05-05-01, 09:21 PM
josh1
Visiting Guest
toilets

your kohler is probably more effecient than any free toilet as they glaze the trap which most manufacturers do not
no such thing as a free lunch -but if you are really desperate for a better flushing toilet look for one with a FLUSHMATE installed-this is a pressurizing device which "ends double flushing " they are powerful
hope this helps---josh

Old 05-05-01, 09:36 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hi, Some older Kohler low flush toilets have a solid flapper that is controled by a float on the chain. Move the float towards the flapper. The toilet will use more water but it will flush a lot better.Good Luck Woodbutcher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: