Acrylic Shower Walls - Gap Filler Thoughts

Old 03-11-17, 02:25 PM
Acrylic Shower Walls - Gap Filler Thoughts

I put up my acrylic shower walls a few days ago in the basement bathroom but have a gap above the walls that I'm stumped on what to use to cover it. It's only about four inches high and 38" long on each side and I'd rather not have to play around with ceramic tile for that small of a space.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to use that will stick well to cement board, I'm all ears!Name:  IMG_1009.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  21.2 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-17, 02:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You could either use sheetrock or tile. It is far enough out of the wet area that a good paint job on the sheetrock won't be harmful.

Old 03-11-17, 03:34 PM
Group Moderator
Most home centers sell a fiberglass panel in 4x8 sheets. It's white with a pebbled finish and is easy (but dusty) to cut and can be stuck in place with panel adhesive (caulk). Since your ceiling is sooo low I would be concerned with moisture especially if the shower will get regular use. I would even consider covering the ceiling in the shower with the fiberglass panel.

Old 03-11-17, 03:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
IMO drywall would look best but if you go that route be sure to use a good bath enamel.

Old 03-12-17, 06:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I also think that FRP will be the cleanest look. Especially do to the shower arm coming out at the top of the panel. Addition of an escutcheon ring will finish it off nicely. Cut from a factory edge and put that against the shower panel with the cut side against the ceiling and finish with a bead of caulk.