Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Greenboard or Hardibacker/Durock/etc for Tub surround wall panels

Greenboard or Hardibacker/Durock/etc for Tub surround wall panels

Old 05-21-18, 04:09 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
Thread is too long for me to go back and read it all. Taping the corners makes the room tighter but there is no need to finish it all to a paint ready level since it will be hid by the surround. It needs to at least be primed adding a coat of bath paint is better. Sanding is done prior to priming, be sure to wipe off the sanding dust before applying the primer.
Ok, I agree that the part that will be covered by the plastic surround but it is only 5ft tall, so for the remaining 3ft(wall height is 8ft), the corners need to be covered?

Old 05-21-18, 04:14 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Likes on 631 Posts
It's best to have it finish ready down to slightly below the top of the surround. Your surround sets on top of a tub doesn't it? Typically there is only about a foot or so of wall exposed above the surround with 8' ceilings

Old 05-21-18, 04:20 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
It's best to have it finish ready down to slightly below the top of the surround. Your surround sets on top of a tub doesn't it? Typically there is only about a foot or so of wall exposed above the surround with 8' ceilings
Ah I forgot about the tub which is 15 inches, so it will be about 2 ft uncovered (8 ft - 5ft surround, 1.25 ft tub).

I'm tackling the deck issue so this bath project has been delayed at the moment, my helpers leave soon

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: