Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Kitchen backsplash title color/style advice (pics within)

Old 02-18-18, 06:28 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

My kitchen has been unfinished for some time. I'm trying to figure out a good tile color - without or without a pattern - that would work well with these color cabinets and countertops.

I'd also be putting a backsplash behind the stove as well.

Any advice on what might look good?

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-18, 03:24 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 228 Votes on 203 Posts
Have you been shopping for tile? There is a big selection and peoples tastes vary - a lot. I'd suggest buying a few tiles in colors/styles you like and setting them against the backsplash so you can better visualize how it will look.

Old 02-19-18, 04:11 AM
Received 175 Votes on 159 Posts
If we were to give you advise it be what we like, not what you like. However a few tips can help your decision. A dark color will make the room seem warmer and a bit smaller. Whereas a light color will look cooler and bigger. A plane tiled background will look "plane" and boring. You could keep it "clean" but still provide a break by placing a small patterned tile every 4 feet or randomly over a wide area. A same color tile in a shade of a light beige for instance but with a surface texture will help break up the monotony of a one color tile. But it will also be harder to clean. Bigger tiles will look "roomier" than small tiles. Right now the "subway" high shine tile is in vogue, but I'll bet it will get old real fast.

Do what marksr says and borrow some tiles from the stores and try some out.