Level bathroom vanity on uneven floor

Old 03-23-18, 11:52 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Level bathroom vanity on uneven floor

Hello,
Thanks for helping in advance...
I have a new custom 4-foot-long vanity being installed in a bathroom remodeling project.
To level it side-to-side and front-to-back results with about a 1/4 inch gap, most visible on the false legs and toekick in the front. The sides of the vanity aren't that noticeable as there is only about 18 inches on each side to the walls.

Any thought on how to handle the gap along the floor in the front with the false legs and the toekick? I'll include a picture.

Thanks again.

Attached Images  
Old 03-23-18, 12:32 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 783 Votes on 720 Posts
Best, and most work, probably is to scribe along the floor. Flip the cabinet over and then trim/cut the bottom. Then when the cabinet is installed the whole base will be in contact with the floor. If it were a traditional cabinet without the false foot on the front I'd just say shim it and conceal the pie shaped gap with quarter round molding. In your case you'll have to decide how much work you want to go through versus how much the gap bothers you.

Old 03-23-18, 02:42 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Set the vanity on the floor and shim the counter top instead. You can then put a small piece of molding to cover the gap.

Old 03-23-18, 03:50 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks.
Yep, shimming the countertop was my first idea. Probably the simplest too.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: