Help I burnt the countertop


Old 08-27-18, 02:10 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help I burnt the countertop

Can someone please help me figure out what kind of countertop this is and if there is any way to remove the burnt mark? Thank you
Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-18, 02:15 PM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 8,412
Received 169 Votes on 154 Posts
Pics don't show up too well. But by the looks of it they seem very faint. The counter top looks like quartz composite. If that is so the only thing that could be done (I think) if to have it ground down. But I don't think that is a feasible solution.

If it's a laminate then you will need to replace it.
Old 08-27-18, 03:59 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 22,358
Received 440 Votes on 404 Posts
Look at the edge or corners of the counter. If you see dark line you have a laminate (Formica). There is no repairing it and would have to be replaced if you want to get rid of the burn mark. The underlying counter structure underneath would remain and only the laminate get replaced.

If you don't see a line at the edge of your counter and if you look up under the overhang and it's the same material then you have a solid surface. Yours looks like a plastic (Corian). The burn could be sanded and polished out but should be done with caution as you'll be making a shallow divot in the counter.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: