Swanstone shower with panels on all 4 sides

Old 03-11-19, 05:16 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Swanstone shower with panels on all 4 sides

Hello,

We're planning to remodel our 1970s master bath. Currently there's a 34" x 34" shower stall that we plan to make 34"x 60" walk in shower by removing a linen closet in the kids bathroom that the master bath butts up to. We'd like to go with a Swanstone shower panel system, but do not want the entire front 60" wall of the new shower to be all glass; instead we want half of that wall to be a solid wall and the other half to be glass with the shower door. We want to keep half of the front wall solid because the side of our vanity butts up to this wall and if we switched it to all glass, then we'd have to go with a smaller vanity which we don't want to do.

All the Swanstone kits we've seen only come with panels for 3 wall (the 2 end walls and the back wall). I'm sure I could buy a 4th panel for half of the front wall but how would that attach to the Swanstone floor pan? Do they make floor pans with a lip on the front side to make a water tight seal like on the other 3 sides?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-19, 06:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 571 Votes on 524 Posts
Although i have only worked with Onyx, I am sure that Swanstone, like Onyx, can make any size and shape shower pan you like. Custom kits should be available... you just need to have them design it with their software. I'm sure you have just seen the standard sized mass produced kits.

You would wisely do enough demo to be sure of the exact pan size and drain location before you order it.

Old 03-12-19, 01:34 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I contacted Swanstone and they said they do not make custom pans. How good are Onyx shower systems?

Old 03-12-19, 01:39 PM
Group Moderator
They are very nice but very expensive.

Old 03-12-19, 03:18 PM
Group Moderator
Here is the one I finished last week.

Name:  shower.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  105.4 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 03-12-19 at 03:50 PM.