Master bathroom reno: what can be salvaged?

Old 03-18-19, 09:48 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Master bathroom reno: what can be salvaged?

I just got done with a very pricey master bathroom reno and bought a new house that needs another master bathroom reno. I am looking for bang-for-buck updates to salvage as much as I can. I've attached some pictures for reference but here's my thoughts:

1) Replace wall mosaic w/ blu-ish color to align with the brown-ish tile and oil bronzed faucets -- Can this be done w/o damaging the subway tile?
2) Paint ceiling white (currently looks offwhite)
3) Paint wall blu-ish color to align with brown theme
4) Replace shower's faucets with new hardware including rain head

#4 is my biggest concern because I will need to rip open the existing tiling from the roughings to the ceiling for the rain shower head. Any concerns over water proofing given I won't have access to entire wall?

Flooring is brown-ish porcelain tile and the wall tile is an offwhite color. Any other bang-for-buck ideas?

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-19, 09:38 AM
Received 394 Votes on 368 Posts
Trim tile can be removed, carefully by cutting away grout for replacement, exercise care.

Fixtures are easy to replace!

I will need to rip open the existing tiling from the roughings to the ceiling for the rain shower head
This is a ceiling rain head?

That is probably biggest job, personally I'd look at options for using the wall shower head, you can get some really tall extensions to move the head up and into the shower, a lot less work!

Old 03-19-19, 07:41 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How much effort is it to remove/replace the mosaic? If it's a ton of labor, it might make more sense to replace the wall tile. I am not a fan given it's offwhite/beige color but that's a big cost so I was hoping to make changes to remove brown and add color by replacing the mosaic, painting the walls, and replacing fixtures. Can you think of anything else that might make sense?

Rainshower head is a big deal but wouldn't that just be a cut near the ceiling and across the ceiling to the center?