Curbless Shower Leaking into Bathroom. Help!

Old 05-25-19, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Curbless Shower Leaking into Bathroom. Help!

Friends,

I have a curbless shower that is leaking. Upon investigation, it appears the water is rising up over the lip created by the shower pan (under the tile) and seeping out under the baseboards. The shower's drain seems to be functioning correctly (IE, it is not backing up). I believe this was an installation issue, but it is too late to go back to the contractor. I am wondering what my options are? Specifically, is there any easier option other than pulling out the tile and redoing the pan? I was wondering if I could remove the tile right outside the glass door, and make a curb to contain the water? Any help would be very appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-19, 04:39 AM
Group Moderator
Received 187 Votes on 174 Posts
If the shower was constructed improperly it probably needs more than just a Band-Aid fix. If water is running out the door then it means the pan is not pitched to direct water to the drain. Adding a little dam at the door could keep water from escaping but you will probably end up holding puddles. Then there is the bigger issue that if they got the most basic "slope the floor to the drain" wrong then what else is wrong. How is the water proofing on the walls and pan. If you build a dam and puddle water is their waterproofing good enough to prevent that water from seeping out and eventually rotting the framing.

Old 05-26-19, 10:22 AM
Group Moderator
Received 338 Votes on 316 Posts
A picture or two of the issue there would be helpful. How-to-insert-pictures.