Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Installing a shower pan - Question on Schluter Kerdiboard

Old 07-01-19, 11:04 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hi all - I am attempting to install a shower in our basement, actually I ripped out the old one and am putting in a new one so most of the framing/plumbing was done.

I bought a shower kit from costco - https://www.costco.ca/Appollo-Amelia...100384637.html

It is this kit but without the walls as i am using schluter kerdiboard and am going to tile myself.

I have the pan in place and am going to install the kerdiboard but there is a little lip on the shower pan and i am not sure if the kerdiboard should go over this lip or if it should just come down as far as the top of the lip.

the lip is about 1/4" thick and is where you screw the base to the studs so if the kerdiboard went over the lip then it would bow out a little bit at the bottom where it meets the base.

but if the kerdiboard only goes to the top of the lip then there would be a gap at the shower base where the tile wont have anything to hold onto.

I hope i am explaining this properly as i dont know the technical terms involved.

i was thinking of maybe shaving a little off of the backside of the kerdiboard so that the kerdiboard can go over the lip and but still be level all the way down to the actual base - does this sound okay ?

Thanks !

Sponsored Links