Shower Remodel

Old 08-19-19, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower Remodel

I am looking to refresh the shower in my master bathroom. The house is about 15 years old but still looks pretty modern. The shower needs a refresh. Currently it is a shower/tub combo with a large heavy tub. I would like to remove the tube and have a walk in shower. Not sure if I need to retile the entire shower or just where the tub is removed from. I also want to replace the shower doors, shower head and grout/sealant. I'm getting ready to start shopping for a contractor. How much can I expect to pay using common parts from home depot or lowers? Attached is a pic of my shower now.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-19, 04:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 200 Votes on 185 Posts
Expect to have it all redone. Changing from a tub to shower might also require the drain piping to be redone which will drive the price up even more. It's impossible to quote a price but you can hit a couple thousand pretty quickly.

Old 08-20-19, 04:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
Not what you asked but if this is the only tub in the house, I would not remove it due to potential impact on resale value.

Old 08-20-19, 05:10 AM
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Redoing the tiles is going to be a given. Most tubs are designed to have the wall covering go over the rim of the tub to prevent water from getting into the walls. That and trying to get it out without damaging the tiles is not going to happen.