Re-configuring Tall Oven Cabinet

Old 09-25-19, 11:09 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-configuring Tall Oven Cabinet

We're swapping out an older double oven wall unit, for (2) separate ovens. As result the total depth for the new ovens will be slightly lower. Currently, there is a cabinet below the ovens, 22" high x 27" wide x 24" deep, but we'll cut the lower cabinet height down to near 15" high in setting the lower oven shelf... which got me to thinking 'why not just replace that lower cabinet with a single larger slide-out drawer?' Seems more practical.

Any recommendations / resources for MDF laminate cabinet drawers, either as diy or purchase pre-built. (ikea stuff only comes in limited dimensions) Cabinets are kraftmaid. Hoping to match out the white inside drawers as best possible, while trying not to break the bank on a simple drawer.
The final drawer will be: 25 3/4" wide x 24" deep x 14" high.

At the end of all of this we're ordering all new cabinet door faces.

Old 09-26-19, 07:07 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,467 Posts
They are pretty easy to find with Google, I hate to give examples because we frown on advertising links here. The last ones I got were from the cabinet door store. Just Google melamine drawers and your will get a ton of sources. Almost every company will have options to assemble yourself or preassemble. Nothing will be cheap since half the cost for one drawer will be shipping.

The thing you will run into is not every company will make 100% custom... some only do standard sizes. You would likely need to find one that builds to exact specs since drawer width must usually be to the closest 1/16" for your drawer glides to work right. Drawers are usually a standard 21" deep... they don't go all the way back. The boxes arent usually very tall either. Only the drawer face is tall. And the drawer box needs the right amount of clearance around the drawer. You need to know what kind of drawer glide you are using as you order the drawers. Drawers don't come with hardware.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: