Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Looking for design inspiration remodeling my bathroom

Looking for design inspiration remodeling my bathroom

Old 01-04-21, 04:07 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Looking for design inspiration remodeling my bathroom

The upstairs bathroom in my new home is in need of a forced remodel (mold behind shower walls, broken sink, cracked cabinets, messed up vinyl floor, etc).

I'll be gutting and redoing pretty much everything, but I'm lacking creative inspiration to get started.

In the first set of photos attached, you can see the current space I'm working with. The only thing I will be keeping from that bathroom are the bronze fixtures. I already have the floor tile I will use leftover from other bathrooms (medium grey tile in other bathroom pics). I would like to modernize the space, but make it similar enough to my other two bathrooms.

I'll be getting a new white alcove tub and plan on tiling around the surround. The mirror is huge and useful, but I'm not sure if I want a giant mirror like that, or if I should cut it back and put in two smaller mirrors etc. Also not sure how handy the medicine cabinet really is or if I should remove/fill that spot.

Right now, to the left of the vanity, there's open space where it falls short from meeting the wall, and there's a few inches of space on the right side where it meets the side of the tub. Not sure if I should get a smaller vanity and leave more space on each side for visual breathing room, or what way would be best to maximize the space in this smaller full bathroom.

Also struggling with what to get for the tub tile to match the grey floor tile, and similarly, what vanity style/color/countertops I should get to keep it cohesive with the bronze fixtures. P.S. I don't love the current square bath tile used in the master bathroom (pics below).

Any input from those of you who are more creatively inclined and know a thing or two about aesthetics would be great!

TLR - Need to remodel this space, but stuck when it comes to design. Need to match grey tile and bronze fixtures, any input would be appreciated!

Old bathroom

Old bathroom

Old bathroom

Old bathroom

Old bathroom

Old bathroom
Current fixtures

Grey Tile

Other half bath remodel

Master bath remode

Search this Thread

Ask a Question