Bathtub to shower conversion

Old 01-30-21, 08:11 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathtub to shower conversion

Hello all. I'm considering doing this myself and need a little guidance. I have an existing bathtub/shower and want to take out bathtub out and just have a walk in shower. Home built in the 50's and on raised foundation. The bathroom is pretty good size , like a medium size bedroom with lots of counter space.

What might be the easiest method? I understand there is prefabricated stuff already, or can do the actual base from mortar etc.. Right now the paint on walls surrounding bathtub/shower are peeling and not sure if material walls are made of have something to do with it. So also wondering how i should cover walls. I mean, there is large tile covering walls, but only come up to about my chest height. Anyways, ideas, suggestions, links, comments how to's appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-30-21, 08:43 AM
Received 727 Upvotes on 643 Posts
I would suggest a prefabricated shower pan. Glass doors and ceramic tile to ceiling or almost to ceiling. With any luck the shower pan will be a standard. Look up shower bed pans and see if the drains locations are the same as your tub drain. Often the tub drain may go under the tub. If that is the case you might be able to easily re-locate your drain to fit a standard shower bed base.

Old 01-30-21, 11:28 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for ideas/ suggestions. This will get me started looking at some things.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: