Leveling fridge inside a cabinet

Old 07-11-21, 07:31 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leveling fridge inside a cabinet

We were forced into upgrading our fridge as our old one is on its last legs. The cabinets around the old fridge were too narrow for modern fridges so Iíve had to remove the top surrounding cabinet and move the bottom side ones to make room. This is forcing a remodel of sorts.

The location of the fridge is problematic because the slab floor is not level. In particular, the right back corner needs to be shimmed. After some struggle I managed to level it.

But I am planning to build a cabinet around it and donít know how I will be able to shim the back after pushing the fridge in there. The last resort is to level just the fridge area with concrete. Is there any alternative?

Old 07-12-21, 12:44 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
Concrete is one method.
There are other things that you could use as shims but they can't move or they're no good.
If I need a quick shim I'll use a wooden shim and gorilla tape to hold it in place.
You can buy actual fridge shims........ refrigerator shims.

Some fridges have rear adjustable rollers. Check for that too.

Old 07-12-21, 04:24 AM
Received 727 Upvotes on 643 Posts
Concrete or floor leveler is the proper way to solve the problem. Using a shim is only a band aid and will only cause more problems later on.

Old 07-12-21, 03:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,948 Upvotes on 1,748 Posts
The last resort is to level just the fridge area with concrete.
I don't know why levelling the floor is the last resort. If it's surrounded by cabinets or end panels, that would be, the best solution. Ardex Feather Finish would probably be a good product to use.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: