Built-in Microwave Over Built-in Oven

Old 12-05-23, 01:44 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Built-in Microwave Over Built-in Oven

I need to replace a built in microwave that sits above a built in oven. Assuming I make no changes to the rough opening, I have no choice but to go with the exact same dimensions for the microwave, correct? Also, the platform/stand, for the lack of a better description, on which this old built in microwave sits, do they come in standard heights? The old microwave is screwed to the platform/stand. I can't imagine a new microwave, different brand would secure precisely where the old one sits.

Old 12-05-23, 02:15 PM
W
This is an old microwave, I'm not even sure I can find one the exact same dimensions. I think I'll get the microwave we want and just make the rough opening a little higher (the one we like is nearly 2" taller). I still question the stand the new microwave will sit on. I don't see any mention of a stand/platform in the trim kit. Maybe it comes with the microwave?

Old 12-05-23, 02:45 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,107 Upvotes on 1,886 Posts
If you look at your photo you'll see a lot of empty space around the microwave with shims/blocks holding it in position. You can use any microwave that is smaller than the rough opening of the nook.

Old 12-05-23, 06:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,881 Upvotes on 3,478 Posts
It looks like you have a counter top microwave sitting on top of a wall oven.
How does it get screwed in ?
What trims the front ?

They do make some microwave ovens that get built in and come with a front trim plate.

Old 12-05-23, 07:54 PM
Received 53 Upvotes on 46 Posts
Contact Micro-Trim. They can tell you what will fit and create custom trim & a stand if needed.

https://microtrim.com

Old 12-06-23, 01:13 PM
W
Thank you for the responses.
The microwave sits on a stand and is secured with 4 screws in each corner of the microwave. The stand is also secured to the top of the oven. Here's the microwave with the trim. I've already ordered the new, slightly taller microwave with its own trim. Most likely, I'll have to make some modifications (height) to the rough opening, even with the space available. The only thing I need to get now is a stand. I'll wait until the unit comes in to figure out the size, then the link provided by RocketJSquirrel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: