Old Bath Wall Tile Match HELP!!!

Old 09-07-01, 09:00 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question

My house was built in the early 70s. The main bath has a hall door and a MB door. We removed the door to the MB and closed it in. The job is complete except for matching the 4" x 4" Harvest Gold Baseboard tiles [They are about the color of this page{LOL}] Does anyone know where I can get matching replacements? I have exhausted all the tile shops in Central NJ.

So close to finishing a project, all help and suggestions appreciated.

Doug

Old 09-09-01, 08:25 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One idea may be to go 'Downtown', to the area where the artists hang out.In the arty neighbourhoods usually there are second-hand stores,that sometimes have cool,old,dated stuff. It just so happens that 70's-retro is hip right now
and,...Harvest Gold is one of those 70's colors. You may luck out and find a handfull of tiles.
The other alternative would be to try and remove either all the 'base' tile and replace with a complimentary color
or, remove more tile, say, 6-8 more, somewhat randomly. Then
replace those tile with another color.Use some of those that you removed to fill through the door area,
The success of the latter depends upon ease of removal of the tile of course.I am a general contractor and have used this approach when repairing tile around toilets where there has been water damage. The owner loved it !
good luck
ryk

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: