small tub/shower

Old 10-14-01, 01:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Is anyone aware of a small (36") tub that is used as a shower base. It is just big and deep enough to bathe little children in. I saw one once....don't know if it was considered a tub or a shower, but it could be filled with water to bathe the grandchildren.

Old 10-14-01, 04:11 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Small tub/shower

Contact a local plumbing/bath supplier. These items are available, but they are a special order item. Call several, compare price and availability.

Old 10-15-01, 01:57 AM
Visiting Guest
I have asked at a few plumbing supply places...get the same answer..."Sounds like a good idea, I don't know of anyone who makes them." I've looked at American Standard and Kohler websites and found nothing. But I HAVE seen one...now kicking myself for not getting the maker!

Old 10-15-01, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Look at the Eljer line. Maybe a Montego tub was the kind you saw. It's around 36-39" square or so.
I'm sure Eljer is online, but don't know it's site address.

Old 10-16-01, 07:22 AM
Visiting Guest
The Montego at the Eljer website was 48". But I emailed Eljer to see if they had something. Thanks for the idea.

Old 10-16-01, 12:24 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Small bath tubs

Small bath tubs are hard to find. How about a corner tub instead?

Old 10-16-01, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Montego is 42 X 37 X 12. This may be bigger than what you want.

Old 10-16-01, 03:00 PM
Visiting Guest
It has to fit in an alcove that is 3' wide. But maybe it could be recessed into the walls on each side a bit.

Old 10-26-01, 08:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Have you considered building one yourself using a shower stall base and suround as you base of the tub. Encase and build up using tile. I know of someone who did something similar. They built it up using tile and some sort of heavy plastic (I think they got it from a pool manufacturer) under the tiles for waterproofing.

I dont know if that helps, but hey, its an idea if you cant find the one you want prefab.

Suzanne

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: