bathroom vent

Old 01-06-02, 09:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
bathroom vent

I have done a remodel jog on my bathroom. When installing the vent fan I purchased a fan with a 3" exhaust. Where it needs to exit the house I only have enough room for a 3" vent. I ran 3" vent tube but the only 3" vent that I could find was a gas cap which is not louvered. This allows cold air to enter through the fan. Do they make a 3" louvered vent? If so, where do I purchase that.
Thanks, Dave Keener
Old 01-10-02, 01:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Luvered Cap

Look at some dryer vent's, they are luvered. Might still let some cool air in though.
Old 01-10-02, 01:50 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 8,670
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Another option would be a 3" to 4" adapter. If you can't find one, ask a local sheet metal shop to make you one.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: