bathroom

Old 01-13-02, 04:10 PM
Visiting Guest
bathroom

I'm a new home owner and my bathroom is in bad shape. The tiles on the walls are half way up and all the way around the bathroom. There have been a few broken off and noticed no drywall. I want to remove the tiles (ceramic) and do something else but I do not know what. I need some info to start the process of remodling this ugly bathroom.

Old 01-13-02, 04:22 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Remodeling a bathroom

A good place to start your research is at www.doityourself.com/baths where you will find helpful info. If there is no drywall, I wonder what's under the tile. Sounds like you need to buy a crow bar and safety goggles to get started.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 01-14-02, 08:07 PM
Visiting Guest
bathroom

I just finished removing the tile and behind it was plywood. There is drywall but not where the tub is. I am looking for something to put around tub that is not tile and would I need drywall for that?

Old 01-14-02, 08:15 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Tub surrounds

They make tub surrounds that come in a broad range of prices. Many of the better priced ones simply snap together and have a lip that can be attached to studs like a regular fiberglass shower. Check with your local bath supplier or home center to explore your options.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: