Install new whirlpool tub

Old 01-19-02, 04:13 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Install new whirlpool tub

Hi,

We currently have a 3 piece shower unit with the following measurements - 60"x32"x87". This unit has no tub, it is just a shower stall. we would like to install a new whirpool tub, and I am wondering if it is possible to save the two upper pieces of the shower walls, in lieu of buying a new tub surround, the shower is only two years old. We have not chosen which tub we want yet. Is this feasable? Can anyone foresee any problems with this?

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-02, 08:26 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing whirlpool tub

If you currently have a shower surround without a tub, when you install the tub, you will need a different size shower surround than you currently have.

Old 01-20-02, 09:28 PM
G
Visiting Guest
if you have the option of a tub with the surround integrated into the tub, by all means go with this option---the lack of seams where they meet will save many years of hasles.

inherently i dont htink your idea is a bad one--i'm just not sure if the demolition of the shower and installation of the tub willl leave you with undamaged surround. keep in mind that the surround needs so sit on top of the lip of the tub to allow proper drainage. if you can accomplish all of this with your current surround, shouldnt be a problem.