bathroom is shower stall as well ?

Old 01-20-02, 05:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb bathroom is shower stall as well ?

I once wanted to install a small bathroom in an area of my house, basement, that did not have a lot of room. I wondered out loud why I couldn't just put a shower head in the bathroom ceiling and use the whole space as the shower, the proper wall material, floor drain and with covers for the toilet paper and with towels kept outside the door. Of course people laughed at me, but I have since heard that this does exist in europe. Anybody out there have experience along this line or know of a site on the web that might have a few details of the pros and cons.
Thanks
Bob

Old 01-20-02, 09:23 PM
Visiting Guest
this is the setup of every RV on the road-----not sure of buildings with this setup, but your idea is not totally unheard of....

Old 01-20-02, 09:50 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
When I was a kid, growing up in the '50's, we had to take showers in the basement because my Dad was making Homebrew in the bathtub. He installed a shower head with connections to the hot and cold water lines overhead, with a valve on each. We already had a floor drain, and a sloped concrete floor, so it worked fine.

Old 01-23-02, 07:10 PM
nesbitt
Visiting Guest
I've seen many bathrooms with this concept. It's not crazy, just not normal and who wants to be normal anyway? It can work well if everything is waterproof (like in a regular shower). The only con I see is it may not be as warm as in a confined space but that may not be an issue to you. I love the "open" concept shower. I am putting something like it in my future master bath.

Go for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: