Painting existing bathroom countertop

Old 02-02-02, 08:57 AM
Visiting Guest
Painting existing bathroom countertop

I have a small bathroom - you can only get to it from my bedroom so really no one uses it but me and my daughter. Family and friends use our other bathroom. The countertop is pink and stained. It is about 57 inches long with a sink in the middle of it. I really don't want to spend the $$ to replace it -- too many other projects planned right now. Does anyone know if I can paint over it, how to prep it for painting, etc. I am also thinking about putting on ceramic tile in a small pattern but have never done that before. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Lin

Old 02-02-02, 10:51 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting countertops

Painting countertops tends not to be recommended from the standpoint of long-term durability. There are more durable options in coating materials. Go to www.sanantoniosurface.com to learn more about such products. Countertops can be tiled over depending upon the type of existing counter. Preformed plastic laminate counters with the rolled edge can not be tiled over. You can go to www.doityourself.com/ceramic for tiling countertop info. Explore the option of cultured marble vanity tops at your local home center. A 61" top can be cut to fit a 57" custom vanity base. Manufactured vanity bases tend to be 60".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: