leaking shower faucet

Old 02-19-02, 02:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
leaking shower faucet

we have a shower that has a single knob that turns clockwise and counter clockwise for turning the water on and off. It has a leak and I took off the handle and outer case to find a funny brass fixture with a funny, double pronged pin that sticks in the top. I got the pin out, but can no longer find any way to take it apart further. Am I going about this all wrong?? Is there anyone who knows what type of faucet I am talking about?? It does not have a brand name on it, so I do not know. any help appreciated.
Old 02-19-02, 04:15 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,701
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Sounds like it may be a Moen-type cartridge faucet.
Pull the clip that you mentioned, and try to get the cartridge out.
You may have to get a special cartidge pulling tool (available at big boxes, etc.), and pull it with that.
Good Luck!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: