Sealant for Bathroom

Old 02-19-02, 04:16 PM
LisaB
Visiting Guest
Smile Sealant for Bathroom

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of the product that I should use to seal baseboards, arounds windows, etc. in the bathroom? I bought a sealant and that comes out to thick and goes on uneven. Did I buy the wrong product or is there something that makes it look smooth? Thank you.

Old 02-20-02, 08:43 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lisa, are you referring to some sort of caulking? If so, exactly what are you using? You can find several paintable caulks that are specifically made for kitchen and bathrooms, where there will a high moisture content in the air. It may be that you got some tubes from a batch that was allowed to freeze during transportation to the store where you got it.

Old 02-20-02, 01:07 PM
LisaB
Visiting Guest
Sealant for bathroom

Thanks for the reply. I think I am using the wrong product. I believe I should be using some type of caulking. I need to seal around windows, baseboards, etc in the bathroom. Is there a certain type of caulking I should use and do you know how to make it look nice and smooth?? Thank you!

Lisa

Old 02-20-02, 03:16 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Paintable caulk

A paintable silicone caulk is recommended. Read and follow product directions. Don't cut the tip of the caulk tube too large. I usually cut mine at an angle with my pocket knife. Squeeze caulk slowly at an even pace for 2-3 feet. Wipe away excess, creating smooth surface with damp rag on tip of finger. The damp rag will pick up and smooth excess. Finger tip will control evenness of the application. My dad taught me how to caulk when I was nine, so he use to take me along as a gopher and a caulker.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: