Suspended Shower Rod

Old 02-20-02, 01:21 PM
Deere3748
Visiting Guest
Question Suspended Shower Rod

I need some info on suspended shower rods. Where to buy them or how to make them? I was considering using PVC pipe. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 02-20-02, 03:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

I made a suspended shower curtain hanger over an old clawfoot tub once in my frat house with a rectangle of 3/4" galvanized pipe hanging from small chain, and overlapped three shower curtains around it on shower curtain hooks.
I used galvanized pipes and gate valves to extend the shower up from the tub faucet.
It looked just like it sounds (LOL), but hey, this was back in the other ought-one, and I was going for Godzilla (and definitely with no wifely supervision back then).
You can buy very nice chromed kits for this, however, or you can build your own out of PVC or any other pipe.
A plumbing supply house should have what you need, and chromed shower plumbing extensions from tub faucets, if you need that.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 02-20-02, 08:30 PM
Deere3748
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Suspended shower rod

Thanks for your help. That's pretty much how I had it figured. The only thing I wasn't sure about was how the curtain moved around it with whatever is used to attach it to the ceiling being in the way. I sort of figured it might mean using several curtains. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: