New bathroom

Old 02-25-02, 09:31 AM
MJV
Visiting Guest
New bathroom

I am adding a new bathroom to my house. Given certain constraints the shower needs to go in a particular spot. My wife wants the new bathroom to have a bidet and frankly I'm having a tough time figuring out where the toilet, bidet and sink will go. Are there any websites where you can input the size of the room and you get suggestions as to where to put the toilet, bidet and sink? The space to fit to toilet, bidet and sink is about 7'x 6' (the shower is separate).

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-02, 09:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Here is a schematic for typical bathroom plumbing:

The shower, sink and bidet need hot and cold water supply. The toilet needs only a cold water supply.
The drain/waste/vent layout to tie into your existing plumbing will probably best drive the location of the particular fixtures.
You need to check with your Building Inspection Department (BID)for local plumbing code (you need a permit and inspections anyway). That may help you. The location of the bathroom door is another factor.
Get the required clearances from you BID and sketch out different layouts on paper, and go from there.
Good Luck!
Mike