Replacement parts

Old 02-28-02, 07:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Replacement parts

The knobs on our shower have wallowed off of the adjoining plastic extension piece, ruining the shower converter knob extension piece completely,and ruining all of the knobs. The faucet is some where in the 6 to 10 year old range. There are no markings on the faucet of any kind that tell which brand they are. The only thing we could see was a stamping on the underneath side of the spicket marked "QMF". Has any one ever heard of this or know what it is? If so where can I get replacement parts? The faucet seems very cheap and has almost all plastics pieces if that helps. Is therer any way of fixing this outside of tearing out the wall and replacing the whole diverter and installing a new faucet?
Old 02-28-02, 09:15 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 8,670
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you are having this much trouble finding replacement parts for a faucet that "seems very cheap", what are you going to do if it starts leaking? I would bite the bullet now and replace the vavle with a better quality valve that you will have no trouble finding parts for. Brands like Moen, Elger, Delta, Price-Pfister, etc.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: