How to choose a new toilet

Old 09-03-01, 04:20 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 2 1/2 year old Kenmore model 110.28902790 washer. I have to replace the lid switch. The top of my last machine, a Whirlpool, opened by using a putty knife in each corner and lifting up. Apparently this Kenmore doesn't work the same way. Any idea how to open the top - the putty knife doesn't work and the machine's parts diagram doesn't show any release mechanism. Thanks

Old 03-04-02, 02:04 PM
amazingwomyn
Visiting Guest
Exclamation How to choose a new toilet

I own a 2-flat that was built in the 60's. The toilet is cracked and I want to replace it, but I have looked into buying a new one but am confused about all the different models with descriptions that have only confused me. Can you give me a brief overview of the general types that exist and a description of some of the latest technical terminology that is used to describe their functions? Thanks!

Old 03-05-02, 04:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Toilets in the US are mandatory low-flow 1.6-gallon types now.
When they first came out, there were a LOT of flushing problems requiring double and triple flushing, clogs, etc.
Kohler has supposedly solved these problems with its latest technology and designs, and has about 110 different models.
For a discussion about low-flow toilets, visit www.terrylove.com and then go to www.kohler.com to look for toilets.
IF I were going to get a low-flow, I would get a Kohler.
Good luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: