faucet fixtures

Old 09-03-01, 05:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I am going to install a wood floor soon, my biggest problem to date is the stairs. I saw in previous questions that the best thing to do is make the stairs out of a solid piece of wood instead of attempting to put the flooring on the stairs---My question is this, do you need to build up the stairs to match the hiegt of the last stair + flooring product (say 3/16" flooring) to avoid a tripping hazard, if so, how???Thanks.
Old 03-07-02, 09:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question faucet fixtures

Easy question - We want to replace our existing bathroom faucets. They are the widespread ones with a separate hot water handle, a separate faucet, and a separate cold handle. Is it possible to buy the kind that are all in one unit? And if so, would it cover up the 2 holes where the old faucet hot & cold water handles went?

Old 03-07-02, 11:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
A new single-handle faucet will not cover the old hot and cold handle holes...however you can buy a replacement trim plate that is extra wide to cover them. It is commonly called a renovator's trim plate. I have seen them at Home Depot.

You will need this plate irregardless as the hole in the wall needed to remove and install the faucets is bigger then the trim plate that comes with the new faucet.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: