redoing all bathroom

Old 03-10-02, 09:02 AM
Spirit
Visiting Guest
Question redoing all bathroom

We have a 15 ft long and 7 and 1/2 ft wide bathroom. My husband and I are having problems on figuring where to put the sink and toilet. I don;t know if anyone can help with this-we got this far on it. On the east wall will be the whirlpool with a window above it. One the southwest corner wall will be the corner shower. On the north wall is the door at the end of the wall so will be across from the shower. on the south wall next to the shower is a short window. We will have space next to the window inbetween the whirlpool for either the toilet or pedestal sink. Or there is space on the north wall by the door for either one too. Than we are not sure where to put a cabinet for the accesories. My husband wants to put the toilet on the north wall closer to the whirlpool and there will be a 4 ft space next to door and he wants to put cabinets there. I can not picture seeing a cabinet there as you would open the door the cabinet would be to the left as you walk in. I would think someone would run into it. Can someone help with this or offer suggestions?
Thank you!

Old 03-10-02, 12:39 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You mention walls that are 15' long and 7-1/2' long, then you start describing them in therms of north, east, south and west. Which ones are which?

Old 03-10-02, 05:33 PM
Spirit
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Lefty

Sorry about that. The north and south walls are 15 ft long and the east and west walls are 7 and 1/2 long.

Old 03-11-02, 02:11 AM
dynagirl
Visiting Guest
Are you really set on your shower placement? I'm thinking it might be better to put the shower in the northeast corner. That would free up the whole south wall for both your sink and toilet (I'd put the toilet in the southeast corner and the sink in the southwest corner). If you're doing a pedestal sink, you'd probably still have room for a cabinet under the window in between the sink and toilet. Or, you could go for a vainty sink and have it run from the corner to the toilet.

Strike that. I just read the update about with walls where which size. Now I have to rethink the whole thing!

Old 03-11-02, 02:20 AM
dynagirl
Visiting Guest
Well, I definitely liked visualizing your bathroom in the other orientation (long wall being the one with the tub). BUT.... since it's the other way around, I think I'd go for the pedestal sink and toilet on the north wall and cabinets on the south wall.

Old 03-11-02, 06:31 AM
Spirit
Visiting Guest
Smile Thank you

Thanks for your replys.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: