Bath tub not level

Old 03-18-02, 01:51 PM
AJRed_99
Visiting Guest
Question Bath tub not level

I noticed water puddling up in the corner of my bathroom. It took awhile to figure out where the water was coming from. It turns out that, when water fills the sliding door track, instead of flowing back into the tub the water flows down to one end of the track. When it fills up, it overflows onto the bathroom floor. The house is 60 years old and the previous owner remodeled the bathroom a couple years before I bought it. The water damage is noticable even through the wallpaper. How can I fix this problem? How do you level a tub? Or the floor flor that matter?
Please Help!

AJ

Last edited by AJRed_99; 03-19-02 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-19-02, 10:51 PM
dynagirl
Visiting Guest
Yikes, that sounds like a difficult one. I would think you'd be better off trying to level the sliding doors instead of the tub itself. I mean, to level the tub you'd probably have to rip out the surround and the tub itself in order to reinstall it level. So I'd opt to take off the tub door frame and shim under it with a strip of concrete board or something that can tolerate moisture, then reinstall the sliding doors and use a lot of caulk to hide the gap you'll create with the shimming.

Old 03-21-02, 12:28 PM
AJRed_99
Visiting Guest
Thank you!
I think I can handle leveling the sliding doors.

AJ

Old 04-06-02, 05:00 PM
jsgrnin
Visiting Guest
I had the same problem. Fortuneately, I prefer shower curtains to doors. I removed the doors and rails and everything worked great for a few years. Unfortuneately, you may have bigger problems underneath. You may want to investigate under your home for water or termite damage. I ended up with both and had to tear down everything down to the sills. Hope your problems can be solved easier than mine, but it is better to know what you have to deal with rather than let it surprise you later. Good luck!

Old 04-06-02, 09:15 PM
tedn332
Visiting Guest
Every set of bath/shower door I have installed have drain holes on the inside of the track for the water to drain back into the tub/shower. If yours does not have this feature, drill some holes in the aluminum track to allow it to drain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: