grout

Old 04-19-02, 08:58 AM
chevymudbogger
Visiting Guest
Question grout

I got a new tub in and have the tiles up. I grouted 2 nights ago, but it doesnt look very good. Lots of pits and rough surfaces in the grout . I kinda went too fast I guess , and didnt pay attention to detail. So my question is this, can I apply more grout over the grout I put on the other night that has dried allready? Adhesion is the main concern here, dry grout to new grout. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 04-20-02, 06:51 PM
chevymudbogger
Visiting Guest
hmmmmmmmmmm..................no one here ever grouted before? or everyone here is so perfect they dont have flaws in the grout? or no one gives a crap , and just seal the rough grout and say F*** it? Someone has to know, or at least have somekind of opinion?

Old 04-20-02, 08:38 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, and got about the same response that you did. Mine was on a new vanity countertop. I went ahead and re-grouted on top of what I had done. So far it seems to be fine.
Those little 4" tiles are a real pain to grout. I don't know if it's because the space is so small or it has to do with the non-sanded grout.
Good Luck!

Old 04-26-02, 06:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A neighbor and I were redoing a coffee table top with broken tiles (broken mozaic, I guess it's called) and we've run into the same problem with the grout not behaving as we had hoped. We thought maybe that it was because all this work was being done outside.

We have gone back over the areas that were lacking with new grout, but haven't had a time to see if that is going to last since we just finished yesterday.

I found a site with a listing of some do's and don't as far as grouting, and also what causes the behavior. Will continue to look until one that explains it in human terms instead of grout-speak

Please keep posting about your project and how it holds up. I've searched this site (okay, this first 3 pages of 54 pages of posts that refer to grout in any form or fashion)as well as others and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of postings recently about this so maybe we can give someone else out there information that is needed.

Kay

oops, guess I could at least share the link that I found LOL!
http://www.super-tek.com/doit7.htm

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: