Bathtub shower faucet

Old 04-19-02, 06:08 PM
MOLLY8
Visiting Guest
Bathtub shower faucet

I RECENTLY HAD A NEW FAUCET INSTALLED IN MY SHOWER THE KIND THAT YOU PUSH AND PULL. THE PLUMBER RAN OFF WITH THE HANDLE SO I WAS USING NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS TO PULL IT OUT. NEEDLES TO SAY IT IS STRIPPED. THE HARDWARE STORE TOLD ME I COULD TAKE THE INSIDE OUT AND GET A NEW ONE. I TOOK OFF THE OUTSIDE COVER AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT. I HAVE THE WATER OFF AND I AM AFRAID TO TURN IT BACK ON!!!! HELP!!!!!

Old 04-20-02, 11:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

If you have not removed the valve, it shouldn't leak.
The outside cover, or estucheon, is for looks.
What brand name is your faucet?
And why didn't that plumber come back to put the handle on?
Have you paid him/her?

Old 04-20-02, 10:07 PM
MOLLY8
Visiting Guest
I TURNED THE WATER BACK ON AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. I WENT AND GOT A TOOL TO TAKE THE STEM OUT BUT IT WON'T WORK, I GUESS INSIDE IT IS TOO TORN UP. I TOOK THE TUB KIT OFF THE WALL AND WAS GOING TO JUST TAKE THE FAUCET OFF, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS GLUE AROUND THE PIPES AND I AM AFRAID I WILL BREAK A PIPE OR SOMETHING. I AM NOT SURE IF THE FAUCET CAN BE FIXED. I AM CALLING A PLUMBER $$$$$$$ I WILL HAVE TO PUT A NEW TUB KIT ON. WHAT A PAIN!!!!! I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF MONEY AND SINCE I ALREADY PAID TO DO THIS ONCE, I WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO TRY TO DO THE TUB KIT MYSELF. GIVE ME STRENGTH~~~~~~

I THINK THE FAUCET IS PFISER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW THE FAUCET HANDLE G0T LEFT OFF, I JUST DIDN'T NOTICE IT UNTIL HE HAD GONE.

Old 04-20-02, 10:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

That would be a Price-Pfister faucet.
You can repair it without replacing it.
You should get that plumber back to do it for free.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: