Corner Tub/Shower Combo???

Old 04-30-02, 07:53 PM
ebbeskotte
Visiting Guest
Question Corner Tub/Shower Combo???

Help!! We are building a new house and would like to put in a corner whirlpool tub/shower combo unit. I have not been able to find any info or ideas. Is their a unit that you can buy that comes with the surround walls and all? Or would I have to tile the walls? Where would I get a shower curtain rod to fit this? Any and all infomation would be useful. HELP!

Old 05-01-02, 08:15 AM
diemeto
Visiting Guest
they make units for just about anything. do an internet search most companies have catalogues right online .try kohler.com for example. Any reason you want a unit with the walls and all, I realize it is easier to install and maintain but nothing beats the look of tile in a bathroom. Especially since it is a new house. In my humble opinion I think the complete units look a little cheap and they should be use more for replacement jobs as opposed to new houses, that said I know when building a house you need to save in some areas to spend in others.

Old 05-01-02, 10:46 AM
ebbeskotte
Visiting Guest
No reason for wanting walls and all. I just thought it would be easier. Where would I be able to get a shower rod that would be big enough if I did a tile installation? I was also wondering what it would look like if I used tile. I have not been able to find any pictures to look at and I have a hard time pictureing things in my head.

Old 05-01-02, 11:26 AM
diemeto
Visiting Guest
did you ask you builder for ideas, I could give you millions of ideas but I don't know all your specific details (budget, dimenions etc). Most middle to high end baths seperate the shower and the tub. and normally use glass as an enclosure as opposed to a curtin. There are exceptions, pick up a kitchen and bath book - they have great pics of baths which you can take ideas from. If I would diffentily go with tile - it gives you a high end look with out a really high end cost , For example if you have 300 square feet it will cost you a couple of hundred bucks for the panels but only a little be more for a nice porceiln tile plus installation.

Old 05-01-02, 02:22 PM
ebbeskotte
Visiting Guest
We are building the home ourself so their is no contractor or builder. The budget is probably going to be around $1200 - $1600 for the tub/shower. I would like to use a 5 foot corner tub. I would go with a seperate shower and corner tub but I ran out of space. My bathroom is going to be 10 foot X 20 foot and I need to have the closet for my bedroom in this space also. Plus we chose to have the toilet in it's own little room. With all of this figured in, I ran out of floor plan ideas to fit everything in. (We designed our own house plan and are having it drawn up.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: